Why I took most my videos off YouTube

You may or may not have noticed that I took all of my Monty Python and Battlestar Galactica videos off of YouTube. I took a closer look at their copyright warning and realized that even the stuff where I took the photographs myself but used someone else's music was a violation of copyright law. I realize that the likelihood of anything happening, other than YouTube removing the content, is probably quite slim - considering that most of the stuff on YouTube is in violation of copyright law.

So, from now on, when I stream copyrighted stuff on my blog, it will be a link to something someone else posted on YouTube. I will continue to take videos of my kids and photographs of the mountains and post the videos and slideshows on YouTube. It just looks like from now on I'll have to use music which I write on my own if I want to choreograph it.

No comments: