Dungeons and Dragons

One of the geekiest things I did as a kid was play Dungeons and Dragons. My friends and I would even play over the phone. My friend had multiple lines in his home so he and his brothers could all get on the phone and play. I remember one particular episode where we were playing and my character found a rock with some writing on it. I didn't know what to do with it, so I asked the Dungeon Master. He told me that I could do whatever I wanted with it and gave me some suggestions. One of his suggestions was to throw it. I decided to throw it and it broke. All of a sudden my other friend started crying, literally. He told me that it was some kind of elemental and that I had destroyed it forever. It was as if someone close to him had died, that's how upset he was. If I could go back in time to that day, I think I would tell him to get a life.

No comments: